Jumat, 24 Juni 2016

Skeg Day

Ive been putting it off for a while now but I decided I would attach the skeg today.  The reason for putting it off is because it involved laying on my back in a tight hole under the boat doing inverted welding.  Not the most appealing of jobs you will agree.

Setting the job up simply involved using a plumb bob from the center of the top bearing hole.


This will only work if the boat is level which if you remember I did at the beginning.   This is the top tip of this blog I think if you are going to build a boat like this.  Its made so many jobs easy to either set up or do.

The weld is of 3 passes on both outer flanges and 1 pass on the inner flanges and 3 pass weld on the outer rear and one on the inner.


So thats another orrible job done and surprisingly few burns but very dirty hair and face.

Related Posts by Categories

0 komentar:

 
boat design plans - Powered By Blogger